Integrity is when your external actions match up with your internal beliefs. When you use your will to manifest what is lying deep inside of your heart, you are living a connected, fulfilling life. When what you give time and priority to is the same as what matters in your heart, what pulls at your heart and gets you out of bed in the morning.
I have realized lately that I am sending some mixed energy signals which is a nicer way of saying I am not living with integrity. Here are a couple of examples of how I say I want something but my actions are not supporting that dream:
Example 1: I want to travel but I do not have a current passport. How am I supposed to head out on that yoga retreat in Costa Rica or the mission trip with my church if I can’t even legally enter another country? My external actions and priorities don’t match up with what is in my heart. Is there internal strife? Am I actually afraid to travel? Do I not really want to go, I just think I do? Maybe I am a little afraid, because I know how powerful Universal energy is. Once I have a passport, tons of travel opportunities will open up. Not magically, but because I have declared I am ready, by matching my external actions to my internal beliefs. I need to prioritize my time to go the city office and submit my passport application or else my desires hold no weight and my wishes to travel are just that.
Example 2: I want to dedicate my entire life to helping others heal through yoga and reiki. So why am I holding on to my substitute teaching position with our local school district? I haven’t accepted a sub position in months but “just in case I need the money”, I want to be able to sub. What am I telling the Universe? I don’t trust you to provide me abundantly with students and clients? I am not a good enough yoga teacher to attract students to my classes? I fear that my reiki clients are not seeing results from their sessions with me? There is no one out there that can benefit from my healing services? I don’t believe those things in my heart, but that is what my actions, my clinging to the safety of the substitute position, is saying to the Universe. (UPDATE: Substitute resignation letter sent and accepted!)
When there is a disconnect between what you want and believe and how you are living, explore what is really going on inside of you. Why are you sending mixed signals to the Universe? Are you afraid? Do you not really believe what you thought you believed? Have your beliefs and desires changed? When you start to identify where there is misalignment between your internal and external, then you can decide whether you really want to move forward or set that wish off to the side for now.
Some steps to take to align your beliefs with your actions:
- Identify an area in your life that is not going as well as you would like it to.
- What are your internal beliefs about that area? How do you wish it was going? Do you feel you deserve it? Are you putting conditions on it?
- What are the steps that you need to take that you have not yet taken to manifest the desired results in that aspect of your life?
- Why have you not taken those steps yet? What is the internal dialogue that is keeping you from what you truly want?
- Make a plan for something you can do today to move in that direction. Even if it is just setting a deadline to do something. Put it on your calendar and hold yourself accountable.
- Feel the alignment of the Universal energy inside of you when your internal beliefs match your external actions! I believe in your dreams and so do you. Put your own third chakra manifestation energy into making them come true!
I want to know what area of your life you used this process on? Where are you aligning your internal desires and external actions?